Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bike Ride, Breakfast, Stroll, Chat


What a beautiful morning I had yesterday. I rode my bike to Ellen's house near City Park from my apartment near the Riverbend -- about a 30-minute bike ride.

Ellen, her husband Paul, and I had breakfast in their back yard. We had delicious fresh eggs straight from the hens on the farm of Ellen's friend Will, toast, and Ellen's homemade scones.

After breakfast, Ellen and I strolled through City Park, particularly the sculpture garden, and spent time chatting and catching up with each other. Ellen is quite good with recognizing birds and pointed out the starling, the mockingbird, and the red-breasted robin, as well as some others.

Before I rode my bike back home, Paul sprayed my bike lock with WD-40 (or is it DW-40?), as the lock had been getting stuck. It works much more smoothly now.

Just a simple morning with good friends. A blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment