Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lilly's Cafe for Vietnamese Food


I have discovered a wonderful new Vietnamese cafe--Lilly's Cafe at 1813 Magazine Street in New Orleans. I've eaten there just once so far, but I plan to return!

I had Lilly's spring roll--a very delicious roll containing shrimp, pork, avocado, strawberries, lettuce, mint, and vermicelli--served with a dipping sauce. This was truly the very best spring roll or summer roll or egg roll or any kind of roll that I've ever tasted!

I also had pho, the one with meatballs. The meatballs themselves were a bit chewy for my taste, but I think that's the way they're supposed to be. The broth was wonderful--very warming and comforting. Next time, I think I'll go with the vegetarian broth.

I hope to have many more meals at Lilly's!


No comments:

Post a Comment