Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Two More Knitting Projects


Here are two more of my knitting projects, very recently completed.

The first is a scarf in four shades of blue: blue, wedgewood, aqua, light blue. I used 25% wool / 75% acrylic yarn in 143-yard skeins (100 grams, or 3-1/2 ounces, per skein) -- 2 skeins each of wedgewood, aqua, and light blue, and 3 skeins of blue. I used the knit stitch with double strands of yarn all the way through, with size 17 needles, getting 3 stitches and 2-1/2 rows to an inch. Each blue-shade block has 18 stitches per row and 12 rows. There are 9 blocks in all, 2 each of wedgewood, aqua, and light blue, and 3 of blue.
Scarf in shades of blue
The second project is a shawl in primary colors: blue, red, and yellow. I used 25% wool / 75% acrylic yarn in 143-yard skeins (100 grams, or 3-1/2 ounces, per skein). The shawl took 9 skeins of yarn, 3 of each primary color. I used the knit stitch with triple strands all the way through, with size 17 needles, getting 3 stitches and 2-1/2 rows to an inch. There are 30 stitches per row.
Shawl in primary colors
I am really enjoying knitting scarves and shawls!

No comments:

Post a Comment